6th Grade General Music
th grade music enrichment is an academic music course which is offered every day for seven weeks as part of our Encore rotation. Music is an art form that provides students with opportunities for self-expression and creativity. The goal of music education and this curriculum is to provide the necessary skills and experience that will enhance the student’s quality of life.
- Students will study the basic elements of music (rhythm, melody, harmony, dynamics, and form) and how they are used.
- Students will gain an understanding of the importance of music in society today.
- Students will learn about a variety of composers whose works have been significant in the development of music.
- Students will learn about many genres of music and some of their origins in the world.
- Students will perform a variety of mediums including with instruments, vocal, and musical theater.
- Students will compose music within specific guidelines given by the teacher.